Dear SCVUHS Students, Parents, Guardians, and District Residents:
On behalf of the Santa Cruz Valley Union High School District staff and governing board, I wish to sincerely thank the residents of our school district for supporting our school by voting yes to approve our bond election. The bond-funding is necessary to complete the following identified priorities:
- Remove asbestos from the gym and other buildings
- Replace old, end-of-life air conditioners
- Purchase new computers and technology for students, and pay off existing computer lease
- Repair or replace roofs on various buildings
- Purchase air-conditioned busses to replace old, non-air conditioned ones used to transport students
- Repair school facilities such as the auditorium, fine arts building, etc. to address health and safety priorities and student instructional needs
- Renovate old cafeteria into a practice gym for teams to use when boys and girls teams both need space
- Repair, replace, or update certain athletic facilities such as the track, tennis courts, and softball and baseball fields as needed.
Passage of the bond election is a true testament of our community’s support for public education and their commitment to our students, staff, and school.
I also wish to extend a tremendous thank you to anyone and everyone who assisted in the passage of the bond election. Some of the groups who actively advocated for and/or worked for the passage of the bond election for our district include:
- Armida Curradi and the Santa Cruz Bond Community Committee
- Rosie Coyle and the Eloy Community Action Team (ECAT)
- Santa Cruz Valley Union High School Board, administration, and staff
- Eloy Elementary Board, administration, and staff
- Bill Carnell
- Core Construction Company
- D.L. Withers Company
The list above is not all-inclusive. Please know that even if your individual name is not listed above, your support is still very much appreciated and acknowledged.
Orlenda F. Roberts