Dear SCVUHS Students, Parents, Guardians, and District Residents:
On behalf of the Santa Cruz Valley Union High School District staff and governing board, I wish to sincerely thank the residents of our school district for supporting our school by voting yes to approve our bond election. The bond funding is necessary to complete the following identified priorities:
- Remove asbestos from the gym and other buildings
- Replace old, end-of-life air conditioners
- Purchase new computers and technology for students, and pay off existing computer lease
- Repair or replace roofs on various buildings
- Purchase air-conditioned busses to replace old, non-air conditioned ones used to transport students
- Repair school facilities such as the auditorium, fine arts building, etc. to address health and safety priorities and student instructional needs
- Renovate old cafeteria into a practice gym for teams to use when boys and girls teams both need space
- Repair, replace, or update certain athletic facilities such as the track, tennis courts, and softball and baseball fields as needed.
Passage of the bond election is a true testament of our community’s support for public education and their commitment to our students, staff, and school.
I also wish to extend a tremendous thank you to anyone and everyone who assisted in the passage of the bond election. Some of the groups who actively advocated for and/or worked for the passage of the bond election for our district include:
- Armida Curradi and the Santa Cruz Bond Community Committee
- Rosie Coyle and the Eloy Community Action Team (ECAT)
- Santa Cruz Valley Union High School Board, administration, and staff
- Eloy Elementary Board, administration, and staff
- Bill Carnell
- Core Construction Company
- D.L. Withers Company
The list above is not all-inclusive. Please know that even if your individual name is not listed above, your support is still very much appreciated and acknowledged.
Orlenda F. Roberts