Dear SCVUHS Students, Parents, Guardians, and District Residents:
On behalf of the Santa Cruz Valley Union High School District staff and governing board, I wish to sincerely thank the residents of our school district for supporting our school by voting “YES” and continuing our override funding for another seven years. Continuation of the override funding was necessary to support the following identified priorities:
- Funding for campus security to maintain a safe and orderly school environment;
- Maintaining elective classes such as band, music, art, career and technical education (CTE);
- Maintaining competitive teacher salaries and benefits;
- Attracting and retaining highly qualified teachers;
- Maintaining smaller class sizes to aid in meeting the needs of all students; and
- Increasing athletic funding for current teams to provide appropriate uniforms, equipment, fields, and coaches salaries.
Passage of the override election is a true testament of our community’s support for public education and their commitment to our students, staff, and school.
I also wish to extend a tremendous “thank you” to anyone and everyone who assisted in the passage of the override. Some of the groups who actively advocated for and/or worked for the passage of the override for our district include:
- Santa Cruz Valley Union High School Override Committee
- Eloy Elementary Override Committee
- Santa Cruz Valley Union High School Board, Administration, and Staff
- Eloy Elementary Board, Administration, and Staff
- Central Arizona Irrigation and Drainage District
- D.L. Withers Company
The list above is not all-inclusive. Please know that even if your individual name is not listed above that your support is still very much appreciated and acknowledged.
As I indicated in an earlier letter, I am honored to have been selected as the new Superintendent of Santa Cruz Valley Union High School District and am proud to be a member of the “Dust Devil” staff. I look forward to working with the staff to provide a high quality education for each student based on the belief that all students can learn. Our goal is to make SCVUHS better each year than it was the prior year and to continue to grow toward excellence.
Orlenda F. Roberts